- Manasota has constructed a vast number of projects similar in nature and complexity to your building program. Our highly skilled team has extensive experience with Construction Management projects.. We also have an understanding of the processes involved with working together as a team during design, value engineering & contracts administration in order to make your vision a reality.
Cypress Falls- Clubhouse,Fitness,Pools & Amenities
State College of Florida - CIT Lakewood Ranch
Project Team Experience
- As a major contractor in the area for 32 years, the Manasota Construction Management team thoroughly understands the construction market in this region and is familiar with local construction requirements in addition to the capabilities and limitations of local subcontractors and suppliers. Manasota will provide a continuing presence readily available and accountable with direct management involvement. Our management team is well versed in governmental agency approval procedures and the requirements necessary to achieve an ambitious schedule. A team of experts who understand the specialized systems and requirements of your project will be assigned to the team. We understand the importance of providing quick accurate cost data, scheduling information and construction input so short and long-term decisions can be made to keep the project on time.
Superior Performance and Quality
- We build superior quality projects with most having been completed under very tight budget and schedule requirements. Our hard earned local reputation is at stake and we will not be satisfied unless our number one goal, to meet all your project expectations, is met and customer satisfaction is achieved.
First Presbyterian Sarasota
Manatee Community Foundation-Renov./Addit
Venetian Falls-Clubhouse, Pool, Amenities
Boys and Girls Club- Palmetto Club Varco Pruden Hall of Fame-2011-Recreational Class
Our Project Approach/Work Plan
Our Project Approach will be jointly developed with your Staff and Architects to specifically
meet your unique project needs.
- Pre-Construction Phase - Manasota Commercial Construction offers the most comprehensive pre-construction services and technical support staff for your project. Our extensive knowledge of estimating, value engineering, scheduling and local construction requirements and governmental approvals makes us a valuable choice for your building program.
- Bidding Phase - Ultimately, construction performance rests with the subcontractors and suppliers who build the facility. Our extensive experience and skills in planning and managing the bidding process will assure the quality of construction, the bid price, and the time taken to do the work. We use only pre-qualified subcontractors guaranteeing the quality we demand.
- M/WBE- Manasota Commercial Construction maintains a computer database of pre-qualified suppliers and subcontractors that includes any information on M/WBE certifications to ensure M/WBE certified businesses are provided with ample opportunities for participation.
- Construction Phase - Our experience with local subcontractors and suppliers in addition to our specialized management capabilities will be critical in coordinating, leading, motivating and supporting the subcontractors to get the results you have been promised. All subcontractors’ schedules are written into their contracts to guaranty on time completion and price.
- Site management for this project will be underscored by the complexity of this program. The team we will assign has the expertise to efficiently and effectively execute the work. Full time project site managers will supervise all activities as well as monitor quality control. Our “Safety First” program and subcontractor safety requirements are our #1 priority to ensure site safety for all parties involved.
1st Manatee Bank - Parrish
Oak Pointe Presbyterian - Renovation
Manatee Medical-MMH Bariatric office/Arsenault Derm
Home Tech Retail Showroom and Warehouse
YMCA- Lakewood Ranch-Winner 2004
Varco Pruden Hall of Fame-Best of Recreational Class
SWFWMD- Sarasota Service Center
Winner of Builder Magazine-Chairman’s Award
- Quality Control Plan
The Construction Management process implements a dual inspection process to ensure the quality of all construction throughout the building process. The initial responsibility of quality control is undertaken by the construction entity to assure the proper materials and methods are used by the subcontractors/suppliers. The project management staff reviews submittals to assure compliance and the project superintendent will then verify the submittal is complied with and the installation is proper. The design entity representative will then provide verification of all materials and the installation through submittal review and on site inspection of all phases of the construction.
The quality control is thoroughly documented through the submittal logs, daily construction logs and design entity reports. Weekly project meetings will also be held for review of any documents or issues.
- Cost/Schedule Control
Manasota's track record for cost and schedule control is among the best in the industry. We fully understand the special importance of meeting cost and time requirements on our projects. Our reputation for keeping costs within budget and minimizing change orders illustrates our ability to manage costs. We know construction costs and how to control them through constant review and modification throughout the project.
- Cost Control - Manasota Commercial Construction utilizes a cost accounting program designed specifically for the construction industry. This computerized accounting program generates reports, which facilitates tracking of all project cost data in a very detailed format. Integrating of this information with the direct material purchase program provides a cost report control system that can allow significant cost savings when utilized where allowed.
- Value Engineering Process - Daily involvement in the construction industry as a General Contractor provides an in depth knowledge of the researching products and costs allows the General Contractor to evaluate their first time cost versus useful life. The knowledge gained from this product experience can be utilized prior to construction, determining products with lower first time costs which will not significantly affect project aesthetics and intended use. These cost saving measures can thus be implemented without affecting appearance, function, or useful life for the best use of your construction dollars.
- Scheduling- Manasota Commercial Construction performs scheduling operations with Primavera scheduling software. This allows us to choose from various scheduling/reporting forms to best suit the individual project. These schedules can be updated on a regular basis to track overall conformance or sorted for detailed short-term progress. This scheduling process begins with preliminary schedules, which are detailed as the drawings progress. As the schedule develops, the trade contractors are requested to review all time frames addressing their work phases. Final schedules are developed with subcontractor input. All schedules are continually updated throughout the project by daily review and weekly reporting from the Project Superintendent.
- Technical Abilities
Manasota Commercial Construction is fully equipped with the computer and software capabilities to provide superior project management. We are fully integrated utilizing the following programs to enhance our abilities in the pre-construction, construction and post construction phases.
- Gemini Cost Accounting - Complete cost accounting program specifically designed for the construction industry. All insurance information verification is tied to this system.
- Primavera Scheduling - The premiere scheduling program in the industry allowing detailed scheduling and critical update options for the best in work progress management
- Share File - All plan changes and schedules can be uploaded and controlled access allows all parties involved to have access to the most current up to date set of plans and specs and schedules.
- V.P. Command - We have been a Varco Pruden metal building dealer for 30 years and use their pre-engineered metal building estimating and design program for Varco Pruden metal buildings.
- Internet - Our company website and internet provide instantaneous communication between our team keeping all team members accessible to critical ever changing information. All employees have ipads in the field to expedite the transfer of information in the field from the main office and municipalities. All submittal and billing information is done electronically by email for expediting and storage.
- Communication/Reporting System
Manasota provides a complete and free flow of information to the Owner and the Architect/Engineer throughout the duration of the project. Our Project Management System is at the leading edge of construction technology. Our computerized systems will provide accurate timely information to all team members in formats that fit your needs. You will be kept up to date on activities on a day-to-day basis through ShareFile We do not believe in surprises.
Although we will manage the construction activities, you retain control of the direction of the project. Your participation in the entire process is a primary objective. Our entire approach to Construction Management is structured to involve you or your staff in a very proactive manner. This allows you to participate in all the critical decisions during the project.
- Planning Throughout
Planning throughout the project is grounded by the fact that building construction is a dynamic, ever changing business. We provide our management services with the knowledge that quick reaction to unforeseen changes is of the utmost importance. Our intermediary relationship allows us to receive information quickly from all sources in order to make decisions as to the best alternatives or course of action. We can then review the information immediately with the staff and critical groups involved with our hands on approach, make adjustments and disseminate information quickly and efficiently with our highly technical systems.
We recognize, and are committed to the standards of excellence you strive to maintain by insuring complete satisfaction in your building project through financial integrity and project expertise. We aim to "Enhance your Building Experience" with your construction and design needs our number one concern.
Sarasota Co.-Celery Fields Park-Pavilion & Restrooms
Blalock, Walters, Held & Johnson-Remodel/New Bldg