This 11,300sf Caribbean themed medical office has duplicate office suites, to accommodate 6 doctors, on both sides of the vaulted lobby which includes a syringe shaped floor to ceiling tropical fish tank by "Tanked". The copper colored metal roof and vaulted drive up covered entry give this office its' stand out curb appeal.
Our highly skilled Construction Management team has had extensive experience with diversified projects of all types. Our team has the working knowledge of the processes involved in working together as a team during design, value engineering & contracts administration in order to make your vision a reality.
Tabernacle Family Life Center
Manatee Comm. College- CIT Lakewood Ranch
Project Team Experience
The Manasota Construction Management Team thoroughly understands the construction market in this region and is familiar with local construction requirements in addition to the capabilities and limitations of local subcontractors and suppliers. As a major contractor in the area for 20 years, Manasota will provide a continuing presence readily available and accountable with direct management involvement. Our management team is well versed in governmental agency approval procedures and the requirements necessary to achieve an ambitious schedule . A team of experts who understand the specialized systems and requirements of your project will be assigned to the project team. We understand the importance of providing quick accurate cost data, scheduling information and construction input so short and long-term decisions can be made to keep the project on time.
Superior Performance and Quality
We specialize in superior quality projects with most having been completed under very tight budget and schedule requirements. Our hard earned local reputation is at stake and we will not be satisfied unless all your project goals are met or exceeded and customer satisfaction achieved.
Meals on Wheels- Senior Enrichment Center
Manatee County Rural Heath Services
Manatee County Nursery School
Our Project Approach/Work Plan
Our Project Approach will be jointly developed with your Staff and Architects to specifically meet your unique project needs.
- Pre-Construction Phase - Manasota Commercial Construction offers the most comprehensive pre-construction services and technical support staff for your project. Our extensive knowledge of estimating, value engineering, scheduling and local construction requirements and governmental approvals makes us a valuable choice for your building program.
- Bidding Phase - Ultimately, construction performance rests with the subcontractors and suppliers who build the facility. Our extensive experience and skills in planning and managing the bidding process will assure the quality of construction, the bid price, and the time taken to do the work. We use only pre-qualified subcontractors lessening the risk to clients and guaranteeing the quality we demand.
- MWBE- Manasota Commercial Construction maintains a computer database of pre-qualified suppliers and subcontractors that includes any information on MWBE certifications. At the time of bidding, specific trade contractors are contacted via fax notification to generate interest in the project. The response to this initial contact is recorded and reviewed to determine appropriate levels of MWBE involvement. Public notices and if necessary, further contacts outside the local market place are then made to ensure MWBE certified businesses are provided with ample opportunities for participation.
- Construction Phase - Our experience with local subcontractors and suppliers in addition to our specialized management capabilities will be critical in coordinating, leading, motivating and supporting the subcontractors to get the results you have been promised . All subcontractor's schedules are written into their contracts to guarantee on time completion and price.
- Site management for this project will be underscored by the complexity of this program. The team we will assign is experienced and has the expertise to efficiently and effectively execute the work. Full time site managers will supervise all activities as well as monitor quality control. Our “Safety First” program and safety requirements of our subcontractors are one of our highest priorities to ensure jobsite safety.
Centex Homes – Cypress Falls Clubhouse
U.S. Homes Heritage Harbor- Golf Clubhouse
YMCA- Lakewood Ranch (Winner 2004 Varco Pruden Hall of Fame-Recreational)
- Quality Control Plan
The Construction Management process implements a dual inspection process to ensure the quality of all construction throughout the building process. The initial responsibility of quality control is undertaken by the construction entity to assure the proper materials and methods are used by the subcontractors/suppliers. The project management staff reviews submittals to assure compliance and the project superintendent will then verify the submittal is complied with and the installation is proper. The design entity representative will then provide verification of all materials and the installation through submittal review and on site inspection of all phases of the construction.
The quality control is thoroughly documented through the submittal logs, daily construction logs and design entity reports. Weekly project meetings will also be held for review of any documents or issues.
- Cost/Schedule Control
Manasota's track record for cost and schedule control is among the best in the industry. We fully understand the special importance of meeting cost and time requirements on our projects. Our reputation for keeping costs within budget and minimizing change orders depicts our ability to manage costs. We know construction costs and how to control them through constant review.
- Cost Control - Manasota Commercial Construction utilizes a cost accounting program designed specifically for the construction industry. This computerized accounting program generates reports, which facilitates tracking of all project cost data in a very detailed format. Integrating of this information with the direct material purchase of the owner provides a cost report control system.
- Value Engineering Process - Daily involvement in the construction industry as a General Contractor provides an in depth knowledge of the products used and costs associated. This allows the General Contractor to evaluate their first time cost versus useful life . The knowledge gained from this product experience can be utilized prior to construction, determining products with lower first time costs which will not significantly affect project aesthetics and intended use. These cost saving measures can thus be implemented without affecting appearance, function, or useful life.
- Scheduling- Manasota Commercial Construction performs scheduling operations with Primavera scheduling software. This allows us to choose from various scheduling/reporting forms to best suit the individual project. These schedules can be updated on a regular basis to track overall conformance or sorted for detailed short-term progress. This scheduling process begins with preliminary schedules, which are detailed as the drawings progress. As the schedule develops, the trade contractors are requested to review all time frames addressing their work phases. Final schedules are developed with subcontractor input. All schedules are continually updated throughout the project by daily review and weekly reporting from the Project Superintendent.
Blalock, Walters, Held & Johnson
Rear Drive up entrance
- Technical Abilities
Manasota Commercial Construction is fully equipped with the computer and software capabilities to provide superior project management. We are fully integrated utilizing the following programs to enhance our abilities in the pre-construction and construction phases.
- Gemini Cost Accounting - Complete cost accounting program specifically designed for the construction industry
- Primavera Scheduling - The premiere scheduling program in the industry allowing detailed scheduling and updates for the best in work progress management
- Timberline Estimating - The most advanced and respected estimating program to allow our staff the most versatile estimating
- CadLite - Allows the viewing/printing of CAD files. Time saving tool for electronic transfer of construction documents and revisions
- V.P. Command - Pre-Engineered Metal building estimating and design program for Varco Pruden metal buildings . We are a Varco Pruden dealer.
- Internet - Our company website and DSL connection provide instantaneous communication keeping team members accessible to expedite the transfer of information. All Jobsite's have wireless access to the internet for communication.
Use of this service through our plans reprographer allows all subs to view the most current set of plans on file on line and order them for immediate pick up.
- Communication/Reporting System
Although we will manage the construction activities, you retain control of the project. Your participation in the entire process is a primary objective. Our entire approach to Construction Management is structured to involve your staff in a very proactive manner. This allows you to participate in all the critical decisions and retain control over the project.
Manasota provides a complete and free flow of information to the Owner and the Architect/Engineer throughout the duration of the project. Our Project Management System is at the leading edge of construction technology. Our computerized systems will provide accurate timely information to all team members in formats that fit your needs. You will be kept up to date on activities on a day-to-day basis . We do not believe in surprises.
- Planning Throughout
Planning throughout the project is premised by the fact that building construction is a dynamic, ever changing business. We provide our management services with the knowledge that quick reaction to unforeseen changes is of the utmost importance. Our intermediary relationship allows us to receive information quickly from all sources and make decisions as to the best alternatives or course of action. We can then review them immediately with the staff and critical groups involved.
We recognize, and are committed to the standards of excellence you strive to maintain by insuring complete satisfaction in your building project through financial integrity and project expertise.